PRINTER STATUS: AVAILABLE (UPDATED 10/13 4:20 PM)
Printing Your Poster
- If you have never printed a poster at BIF before, check the BIF Poster Tips sheet.
- Come to BIF between 8 a.m. – 6 p.m., preferred times of 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Bring your poster as a .ppt or .pdf file. Posters cannot be printed from .indd file; they must be converted to pdf. Please check for errors, check the page/document size and make sure it is correct (many convert to 8.5×11”) and convert to .pdf before coming to BIF.
- At BIF, follow the step-by-step instruction binder provided by BIF to print your poster. If at any time you have a question or are unsure of the instructions, please ask BIF personnel.
- Your poster will take up to 5 minutes to process – most take about 2 minutes (opening the file from the desktop versus a flashdrive will speed this process). After the printer has received and processed your file, it will begin to print.
- Depending on how complex your poster is, it should take between 5 – 15 minutes for your poster to print.
- The poster will automatically dry on the printer for 1 minute before being cut free. You can bypass this step if you’d like. We recommend you allow your poster to dry for 15 minutes total before rolling it up. Roll your poster with the image facing inward.
- Be sure to fill out our billing form (located on the clipboard generally between the two computers). Accepted methods of payment are Chart String, check or credit card.
- If you need assistance, ask. BIF staff is available to help you with your poster.
Contact Jessica Hornick (847-491-7057; firstname.lastname@example.org) OR Charlene Wilke (847-491-2842; email@example.com) if you need assistance.