PRINTER STATUS: ONLINE (updated 5/16/2018)
HP DesignJet 5500 PS
BIF offers users exceptional print quality with our HP DesignJet 5500 PS large format printer for posters to display at meetings, recruitment, and site visits. Posters are printed in CMYK, on glossy, photographic stock paper (with a 42″ width).
Common poster sizes are 42″x48″, 42″x56″, or 42″x60” (Note that one dimension cannot exceed 42″). The entire process of printing a poster, from exporting to printing and drying, takes roughly an hour. Please do not wait until the last minute to print your poster because there is always the possibility of technical difficulties. BIF does not take reservations for poster printing — though during peak times, there may be a waiting list. Please be considerate of other users, and do not use the computers for personal use.
- Printing is charged by the linear inch. ($1.83/linear inch)
- Poster tubes are available for an additional $5.50.
- BIF staff offers technical support on resolution and layout issues to all printer users.
- If you need assistance, please come Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 am – 5:30 pm.
If you need assistance contact:
- Jessica Hornick (847-491-7057; email@example.com)
- Elena Antonova (847-467-2047; firstname.lastname@example.org)